NOTICE TO ALL PATIENTS
South Texas Retina Consultants is dedicated to providing our patients with the best retinal care possible. In order to do that, we will perform various tests in order to further evaluate and confirm the diagnosis for which you were referred to us. These various tests will also help us determine any needed course of treatment. Consequently, the process that you will undergo during your visit with us will be somewhat lengthy. In order to help us provide you with the best possible care, please review the following. We hope that your reviewing and understanding of the following will help make your visit with us more pleasant.
- THE TIME FOR YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT IS INTENDED TO BE THE TIME TO BEGIN THE VARIOUS TESTS MENTIONED. This is not the time you will see the physician.
- EXPECT AT LEAST A 2-3 HOUR STAY AT OUR OFFICE. These various tests will take a while.
- BRING ALL YOUR MEDICATIONS TO EACH SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT. This includes all eye medications and all medications for your general health.
- YOU SHOULD TAKE YOUR MEDICATION AT YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED TIMES. Taking your medication or using your insulin will NOT interfere with our evaluation.
- IF YOU WEAR CONTACT LENSES, BRING YOUR CONTACT LENS CASE AND YOUR SOLUTION. We do not dispense contact lenses or have these supplies available.
- YOUR EYES WILL USUALLY BE DILATED ON EVERY SCHEDULED VISIT, UNLESS SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES DICTATE OTHERWISE. We recommend that you bring someone as an alternate driver.
- DUE TO YOUR LENGTHY VISIT, AVOID BRINGING SMALL CHILDREN WITH YOU, UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. This will prevent any disturbances to other patients due to children's possible restlessness.
- OTHER PATIENTS MAY ARRIVE AFTER YOU BUT MAY BE CALLED BEFORE YOU. This may occur if patients are scheduled for special testing only and are not scheduled to see the physician.
- IF YOUR INSURANCE REQUIRES THAT YOU HAVE
A REFERRAL OR AUTHORIZATION
PRIOR TO BEING SEEN IN OUR OFFICE, PLEASE BRING IT WITH YOU TO YOUR VISIT, OR CALL YOUR PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN OR INSURANCE PROVIDER IN ADVANCE SO WE WILL HAVE IT WHEN YOU ARRIVE. Failure to do so will lengthen the time of your visit because we cannot begin your examination until the insurance authorization / referral has been received.
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE INSURANCE, CALL OUR OFFICE TO DISCUSS THIS MATTER BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT SO THAT PRIOR PAYMENTARRANGEMENTS CAN BE MADE.
- BE EXPECTED TO PAY YOUR CO-PAYMENT BEFORE DEPARTING OUR OFFICE.
- PLEASE FILL OUT THE PATIENT HISTORY FORMS AND BRING THEM WITH YOU TO YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT, OR SEND THE FORMS TO OUR OFFICE AHEAD OF TIME.
Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.
We will strive to make your visit with us
as brief and enjoyable as possible. Thank you for using South Texas Retina Consultants for your
|Corpus Christi Front Office Staff Technicians||South Texas Retina Consultants' Ophthalmic Technicians|
Speed up your first visit!
To assist our preparation for your visit and save you time, please use the link below to download our questionnaire prior to your appointment. We ask you to print your completed questionnaire and to take it with you to your first appointment.